See the first Kotex ad (scroll down
the page a bit).
See also Australian
douche ad (ca. 1900) - Fresca douche powder (U.S.A.)
(date ?) - Kotique douche liquid ad, 1974 (U.S.A.)
- Liasan (1) genital wash ad, 1980s (Germany)
- Liasan (2) genital wash ad, 1980s (Germany)
- Lysol douche liquid ad, 1928 (U.S.A.) - Lysol douche liquid ad, 1948 (U.S.A.) - Marvel
douche liquid ad, 1928 (U.S.A.) - Midol menstrual
pain pill ad, 1938 (U.S.A.) - Midol booklet (selections),
1959 (U.S.A.) - Mum deodorant cream ad, 1926 (U.S.A.)
- Myzone menstrual pain pills ad, 1952 (Australia)
- Pristeen genital spray ad, 1969 (U.S.A.) -
Spalt pain tablets, 1936 (Germany) - Vionell genital spray ad, 1970, with Cheryl Tiegs (Germany)
- Zonite douche liquid ad, 1928 (U.S.A.)
The Perils of Vaginal Douching (essay by Luci
Capo Rome) - the odor page
Kotex menstrual pad ads, U.S.A., 1928 & 1930
Many Kotex ads mentioned Cellucotton, the
absorbent material that Kotex developed during the First World War. See
two newspaper examples below.
No laundry was one reason women used disposable
Read Kotex's explanation of how nurses
in a sense created Kotex.
I thank the industrious retired teacher and genealogist for sending
this scan and many others!
Below: from Decatur [Illinois] Review,
March 22, 1928
Below: from Sheboygan [Wisconsin]
Press, May 20, 1930
© 2006 Harry Finley. It is illegal to reproduce or distribute work
on this Web site in any manner or medium without written permission of the
Please report suspected violations to email@example.com